The Tri-Cities has a variety of natural habitats that support diverse populations of native (and invasive) plants.
BMN members gather on evenings throughout the spring and early summer for a leisurely stroll to explore and identify plants that grow in an area.
Popular locations have included:
- tidal marshes at Burrard Inlet
- wetlands at DeBoville Slough
- old-farm fields at Colony Farm Regional Park
- second-growth forests at Belcarra Regional Park, Mossom Creek, Miller Ravine, Mundy Park, Coquitlam River, Ioco town site, and Hyde Creek trail
- the stunning collection of trees in the Riverview arboretum
Events are open to the public and are no cost. Due to insurance liability, guests may attend up to three activities before they must be a member.