BMN participates in numerous community nature and environmentally themed events held the Tri-Cities area throughout the year.
BMN volunteers take informative displays with information about local nature and club activities, as well as a variety of reference materials, such as local bird checklists available at no cost. Some of the many events and festivals where you will find a BMN display table include:
- Hoy-Scott Watershed Society’s Salmon Come Home Festival
- Port Moody Ecological Society Fingerling Festival
- Hyde Creek Watershed Society’s Salmon Festival
- Coquitlam River Watershed Society’s Rivers and Trails Festival
- Riverview Horticultural Centre Society’s Treefest
- Amsterdam Greenhouses and Garden Centre Nature Days
- City of Coquitlam’s Communities in Bloom
BMN members also participate in the Audubon Christmas Bird Census and other wildlife inventories, and lead public nature walks during events such as BC Rivers Day.