BMN is a volunteer based, non-profit society. All of our activities are made possible by our members who volunteer.
We encourage everyone to volunteer and get involved. You don’t need experience! There are many ways you can volunteer with BMN. Here are some examples:
- Lead or assist with a hike, nature walk, or birding outing
- Organize a botany walk
- Assist with bat monitoring
- Maintain bird nest boxes
- Coordinate a local field trip – perhaps to one of your favourite nature spots
- Assist at monthly meetings with room set-up, refreshment break, and or greeting members and guests
- Help with the BMN display table at local festivals and events
- Write a column for the members’ newsletter
- Create reference materials and resources e.g., bird species lists, local flora and fauna handouts, etc.
- Help to develop or deliver a presentation or workshop for our education and outreach initiatives
These are just a few ways that you could help. Maybe, you have a skill, talent or specific interest that you would like to share or develop as a volunteer? Let us know.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER We encourage non-members and members to participate in any of the BMN activities, events, and/or meetings* to learn more about what we do and find out what interests you. There is no formal application process to volunteer, however, you must be a BMN member. Let us know your interest(s) for volunteering by completing and submitting the online form below. Our volunteer coordinator will then follow-up with you. In order to volunteer, you must be a member of BMN. Note: As we are a non-profit volunteer organization, it can take up to one week to provide a response.
*Events are open to the public and are no cost. Due to insurance liability, guests may attend up to three activities before they must be a member.