David Hancock of Hancock Wildlife is looking for volunteers to help monitor eagle nests in the Lower Mainland. If you know of an active nest that you can watch, please contact David at david @ hancockwildlife.org.
Here are the details of David’s request:
- Observe early in year (Oct thru Jan) to determine if the territory is occupied.
- Jan, Feb, Mar: observe to confirm pair is sitting.
- April, May, June: observe to see / confirm / count number of chicks.
- Confirm dates when chicks fledged or if some were lost at that or any time.
- Late July or early Aug: get approximate date that pair and young leave area on migration.
I would love to have more ‘Eagle Watchers’ to help collecting this simple but important data. Please contact me if you are interested.